Advantages of Pure Sine Wave Inverters over modified sine wave inverters.
1. Output voltage wave form is pure sine wave with very low harmonic distortion and clean power like utility-supplied electricity.
2. Inductive loads like microwave ovens and motors run faster, quieter and cooler.
3.Reduces audible and electrical noise in fans, fluorescent lights, audio, amplifiers, TV, Games consoles, Fax,and answering machines.
4.Prevents crashes in computers, weird print out, and glitches and noise in monitors.
5. Reliably powers the following devices that will normally not work with modified sine wave inverters:
- Laser printers, photocopiers, magneto-optical hard drives
- Certain laptop computers (you should check with your manufacturer)
- Some fluorescent lights with electronic ballasts
- Power tools employing “solid state” power or variable speed control
- Some battery chargers for cordless tools
- Some new furnaces and pellet stoves with microprocessor control
- Digital clocks with radios
- Sewing machines with speed /microprocessor control
- X-10 home automation system
- Medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators.
Modified Sine Wave works well for most uses, and is the most common type of inverter on the market, as well as the most economical, Pure Sine Wave inveters(also called True Sine Wave ) are more suited for sensitive electrical or electronic items such as laptop computers, stereos, laser printers, certain specialized applications such as medical equipment, a pellet stove with an internal computer, digital clocks, bread makers with mulit-stage timers, and variable speed or rechargeable tools (see “Appliance Cautions “). If you wish to use those items with an inverter,then choose a Pure Sine wave inverter. If you mostly wnat to run lights, TV, microwave oven, tools, etc, a Modified Sine Wave inverter is fine for your needs.
About the question : Whether computers will work with Modified Sine Wave.
From the point of professional: Most (with the exception of some laptops) will work (though some monitors will have interference such as lines or a hum), However, if you have any doubt about any appliance, tool or device, particularly laptop computers and medical equipment such as oxygen concentrators, we recommend that you check with its manufacturer to be sure it is compatible with a Modified Sine Wave inverter. If it is not, choose one of our Pure Sine Inverters instead.
The difference between them is the Pure Sine Wave inverter produces a better and cleaner current. They are also considerably more expensive. You might find it practical to get a small Pure Sine Wave inverter for any “special need” you may have, and also a larger Modified Sine Wave inverter for the rest of your applications.